The tales of an American girl living in Hyderbad, India




Sunday, November 05, 2006

The search for inner peace continues...



As a follow up to our day of Reiki, Tanja sent me this chakra test, and to my horror I found out I have an under-active root chakra. Once I got over the initial shame of my deficiency I asked myself, "What the hell does that mean?" Well, here's the gist of it:
The Root chakra is about being physically there and feeling at home in situations. If it is open, you feel grounded, stable and secure. You don't unnecessarily distrust people. You feel present in the here and now and connected to your physical body. You feel you have sufficient territory.

If you tend to be fearful or nervous, your Root chakra is probably under-active. You'd easily feel unwelcome.

Nervous pretty much sums me up. The good news is that I can work on opening my root chakra by engaging in anti-social behavior. All I have to do is, "Let the tips of your thumb and index finger touch. Concentrate on the Root chakra at the spot in between the genitals and the anus. Chant the sound LAM."

I'm happy to report that all my other chakras are surprisingly -- even shockingly -- well balanced. Here are my test results:

Root: under-active (-38%)
Sacral: open (56%)
Navel: open (31%)
Heart: open (44%)
Throat: open (63%)
Third Eye: open (56%)
Crown: open (44%)

May the karma be with you.

Digg!


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Here are my chakra test results:
Root: under-active (-50%)
Sacral: open (50%)
Navel: under-active (-44%)
Heart: open (38%)
Throat: open (19%)
Third Eye: open (6%)
Crown: under-active (-50%)

I have a lot of meditating to do!

9:33 AM

 
Blogger carolyn said...

Root: open (31%)
Sacral: open (31%)
Navel: open (19%)
Heart: open (38%)
Throat: over-active(75%)
Third Eye: open (44%)
Crown: open (38%)

Those are mine (like most of these tests I tooootally diagree - my throat is so not over active) - but it may explain why I have always thought meditation is a total waste of time.

11:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home