The tales of an American girl living in Hyderbad, India




Friday, September 29, 2006

Arrival in India

I began my expat experience in Hyderabad, India on Wednesday, September 27th. I'm here for a 6-month work assignment for my company. It's exciting, but it was very hard to leave because I have such a great life filled with so many wonderful people back home in San Francisco.

I live in Jayabheri towers, which is a development here in Hyderabad. This is my insanely impressive (although I wouldn't necessarily say 'comfy') living room:



Here's a view of my bedroom, which to my great pleasure has cable TV with several American movie channels (although they've been playing Hitch repeatedly, which has to stop):



Here's my bathroom, which is roughly the size of my bedroom:



This is the view out my window, which overlooks the 'Jayabheri Club', our apartment complex pool and gym. The gym is so-so, but given my history of laziness when it comes to going to the gym, and the additional obstacles (e.g., getting up uber-early and lining up a driver to take me) that it would take to go to an external gym, I think this is the one for me:



And here are some roses that currently adorn my room. Somehow Matt found a way to send them to me in India for our 1-year anniversary just days after I arrived and before even I knew my own address. How romantic!

Labels: ,

Digg!


1 Comments:

Blogger mister mateo said...

Damn, that Matt dude is the SHIT!

9:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home